Walleye Fishing Discussion Board
Walleye Fishing Discussion Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

The owner of this forum should login with the superadmin account in order to prevent this forum from being marked as abandoned

All Forums
 Lake Erie Environmental Discussion
 Walleye & Perch Populations
 House Bill 609, Now or Never?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

BaitDave
Starting Member

USA
36 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2006 :  07:48:00  Show Profile  Visit BaitDave's Homepage Send BaitDave a Private Message  Reply with Quote
With the perch fishing the way it has been this past month. I would think maybe the ODNR may have under estimated there 1 million pounds over there quota.

HHHHMMMM 1 million pounds over quota?
If I or you were caught with 2 million yellow perch over my limit(based on a 9" perch weighing 1/2 a pound) I /we would have been fined 30.00 a perch times 2,000,000= 60 million in fines.
The commercial fishermen, from my understanding were fined an astonishing estimated figure of $400,000.00 combined.

Now that was fair................

Please use the link below, search for House bill 609
This will explain the proposal.

You must be logged in to see this link.

The commercial netting issue came to a head last season when the commercial netters took over there quota.
Here is an article that may help everyone understand why this bill is on the table.
This one is Titled" Erie anglers wonder where the fish went"
Link:
You must be logged in to see this link.

This Bill will be heard soon...............
Even if you signed the petition at local bait shops or the sports show, some of the senate is on the fence.
Please take a small bit of time to contact legislation, if you are for or against this issue.

YOU CAN PLAY A ROLL IN OHIO'S ANGLING FUTURE.

Now is the time for you to express your feelings about House Bill 609, which would buy-out commercial fishers in the Ohio waters of Lake Erie. You should contact your local representative immediately to let them know how you want them to vote on this issue, should the bill reach the house floor. If you need contact information for your representative, go to You must be logged in to see this link. . Time is of the essence …you need to act NOW!

-Bait Dave

PASS THE FUN OF FISHING ON!
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Walleye Fishing Discussion Board © 2000-05 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2